Saturday, August 12, 2006

Leaving On a Jet Plane

So, I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Except, I had better be back by August 25th. It has finally come, my vacation. I only started planning it in February, because the flights are cheap. When you are going "North to Alaska", it is a different kind of travel experience. You have to buy your tickets months in advance, find places to stay--pay usually 50% of the cost in advance to hold the cabin or reservation, because everyone and their brother all want to go to Alaska in the summer. Of course, it makes sense--you don't want to go there in the winter unless you love cold weather and snow. My husband does, but I definitely am a warmer weather kind of woman. So, the day has finally come, and what happens--some crazies in England or somewhere decide they want to start creating chaos in a world already full of chaos. Give me a break. Can you pick some other time to do this stuff? Do you have to pull this stuff right before I plan to take a vacation. Really---what's your problem? Are you bored? Don't you have anything better to do than plan your own death? I believe there is life after death, but only for those that deserve it--and killing innocent people doesn't make you worthy, it makes you stupid--especially if you are listening to some radical crazy person that doesn't seem to be blowing himself up--just asking the young, the bored, the restless to do it in the name of something.

A long time ago, when I was in graduate school we talked about revolution as a necessary part of system change--I believed it then, but it wasn't revolution of killing people, it was revolution of ideas, and working within people's frame of reference.

I want my vacation, and I want it without the chaos of people trying to hurt others. I want to go softly into the vacation without having to deal with stress and strife. So, do you guys think you can lay off for a couple of weeks? I would greatly appreciate it.

So, for the next couple of weeks, unless I find an internet cafe that I can get to, or want to get to, I will be incognito-lost in the world of mountains, glaciers, fish, (and for my husband's sake--more fish), and I will see you back in the real world in late August.

Until then, peace, and may the world come to its senses and realize if we aren't all in this together, we are all doomed.

Not so hot in Atlanta,

Nancy

No comments: