Thursday, July 20, 2006


Wishful Thinking
One of my wishful thoughts has been to get into the publishing world. I have what I think would be great ideas for books, and sometimes when I'm traveling, I make a mental note of the scenery and how I would make that part of my book.

I have had this one idea for the last ten years or so. It came from some of the scenes out west, when you are driving through New Mexico and Arizona. My plan was to drive to some of the old pueblo buildings that were still standing in different states of disrepair and take pictures of them. The Title of the book would be "Return to the Mother", but in Spanish (obviously I don't speak Spanish, or I would have translated it already). The story would be the development and use of adobe around the world, so of course I would have to travel to other countries that used adobe and take pictures there as well. I saw it as a coffee table book, big, glossy and heavy. But, somehow getting bills paid has to come first.

My other book idea would develop into a series. It would be a travelogue, again with lots of pictures. It would basically be the travels along the coastline of the United States, taking pictures of the little fishing towns, beaches and characters that reside there. I would start in Maine at Eastport, and travel down, around, and across to the West Coast, and then up to Washington. Once this one made it big, I would take the coast of South America, etc, etc.

I figure it would be the best of both worlds, I love to travel, I love the ocean, and I love "money". So, I guess one day, I will just have to find someone to pay me to travel, take pictures, and publish my books. Any takers?

1 comment:

Michele said...

I think it's a wonderful Goal.
Can't help you acheive it though.
Maybe ask Mr. Gates since he's become such a "giver"???


Sounds like a wonderful idea to support.

You could always self publish a small book for a TV cart? LOL

I think you should try it anyway... if only to say that you DID it. Regrets are wishes that you never acted on.

Give it a whirl!!!!!