Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sex Lies and Sales
Blogging has been an interesting experience. Sometimes I delete things I've written, because once I have written it and gotten the emotion out of my system, I don't seem to need it there anymore.

I have been trying to look at other blogs to see what people are writing, and it is an amazing jumble of sex, lies, and people selling stuff. I am sure there must be a better way of finding blogs that you can relate to, but obviously not by clicking on "next blog". Some blogs need an X rating, stuff I would rather not see pop up on my screen. Some blogs take away all the navigation, and you have to click back, then click next blog to make your way to something else.

I've left some comments on other people's blogs, but other than one person, no one seems to reciprocate. Maybe I need to write about sex, lies, or I need to sell something.

Another reason I have deleted a few things from my blog is that I have shown a couple of my friends at work, and I'm afraid that next thing you know, somebody that I've been complaining about will end up on my blog, so I will try to stay more positive, find some jokes to report, make up some lies (just kidding), and yes, I do have a bunch of junk in my garage that maybe I should sell.

So, after another hot one in Atlanta, may your sex be fulfilling, your lies be carefully constructed, and your sales skyrocket.

I did find an interesting joke:

The Old Poodle

A wealthy old lady decides to go on a photo safari in Africa, taking her faithful aged poodle named Cuddles, along for the company.

One day the poodle starts chasing butterflies and before long, Cuddles discovers that she's lost. Wandering about, she notices a leopard heading rapidly in her direction with the intention of having lunch.
The old poodle thinks, "Oh, oh! I'm in deep shit now!" Noticing some bones on the ground close by, she immediately settles down to chew on the bones with her back to the approaching cat. Just as the leopard is about to leap, the old poodle exclaims loudly, "Boy, that was one delicious leopard! I wonder if there are any more around here?" Hearing this, the young leopard halts his attack in mid-strike, a look of terror comes over him and he slinks away into the trees. "Whew!", says the leopard, "That was close! That old poodle nearly had me!"

Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a nearby tree, figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for
protection from the leopard. So off he goes, but the old poodle sees
him heading after the leopard with great speed, and figures that something must be up. The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and strikes a deal for himself with the leopard.

The young leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here, monkey, hop on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine!"

Now, the old poodle sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his back and thinks, "What am I going to do now?", but instead of running, the dog sits down with her back to her attackers, pretending she hasn't seen them yet, and just when they get close enough to hear, the old poodle
says: "Where's that damn monkey? I sent him off an hour ago to bring me another leopard!"

Moral of this story..

Don't mess with old farts...age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience!

Nancy

3 comments:

nouseforaname said...

It takes a ton of work to attract and maintain traffic on your blog- and expect that yes- most are about relationships, random complaints, sex, and celebrity sightings. The blog has to be for you- and if people come they do and if they don't, they dont. There are lots of interesting people out there- people with similar sensiblities- you'll find you niche. Just takes time- have to figure out how much time you want to devote to strangers? Or would you rather devote your time in other ways. Me- this is the very little time I have with other adults- so I'll take what I can get. But even after 50 posts- I have the traffic but only a handful that actually comment. So give it time, give it time... And think what are you really wanting out of this?

Michele said...

I hear you!
I've been blogging for about one year.
I have three regular visiters and I'm happy.
Others pop in and out when the mood or the topic moves them. Some are lurkers who only comment when something really REALLY stikes them...
I started mine with a romance readers' focus. So I seem to attract those that also read.
Or write, or critique

I've written about pet peeves, curious thoughts, jokes, stupid stuff and every now and again, something actually profound (rare)

Visiting others,leaving comments is one way to increase traffic,true. If someone is curious as to "how you found them" they'll come and say HI back to you. Not always though.

There are those that never initiate comments, if you visit and comment them, THEN they'll come and visit you.

All types out there.

I have found six awesome blogs from "Next Blog " Button. Two of which have become special to me.
How cool is that?

I have also experienced your trials and tribulations from doing same..it's all random.

I also agree - you bother to leave a comment and no one responds.. you see "crickets cyber-chirping"
and it is disappointing.

You only have to hit one or two that reply and it makes your day.

Some people start a blog thinking its the cool thing to do, but then they realize its more effort to keep it up and they slack off ...their blog just "hangs' there ... unbeknownst to the hopping blogger.

Have fun with it, I second the observations of Shroom-monkey ( love that handle) and give it time.

Happy blogging to you!

(and nope, not selling a thing, LOL)

Nancy said...

Thanks to both of you guys for leaving comments. It is much appreciated.

It is interesting to get a glimpse into some of the other people's heads though, makes me feel sane (kidding).