Sunday, June 25, 2006


Ghost stories:

Do you believe in ghosts? I have had several ghost encounters over my life, but the strangest of them all happened just recently in my house. We had always had that fleeting glimps of something just out of site that would move around in the living room, but had never really thought anything about it until my daughter came and told us of her encounter with a ghost cat. I had never heard of animal ghosts, but a little research showed that it is more common than one would imagine. Well, the gist of her story was that she was lying on the couch with her face to the back of the couch (she has migraines), when this ghost cat jumped up on the couch, she could feel it walking, and then heard a sick sounding purr close to her ear. She was so scared, she couldn't move anything. It then jumped up to the back of the couch, and disappeared. She was really freaked by it. I didn't think that much about it until one night I was babysitting for her and was lying on her bed when I felt something jump up on the bed, and I could hear a breathing sound. I had read that one thing you could do to get rid of ghost animals is to tell them to leave, so I told it in a loud whisper (didn't want to wake the kiddos) that it was not wanted at our house and that it should leave. As I told it to leave, the curtains moved, and we haven't seen it since. Strange stuff.
(if you are ever interested in hearing my other ghost stories, just let me know)

No comments: