Thursday, June 29, 2006

Digital Cameras

So, I don't know how many of you have made the plunge and bought a digital camera, but my husband decided I was borrowing his too much, so I got one as a Christmas present a couple of years ago. The problem with digital cameras is that since you don't always pay to print the pictures, you keep taking the same picture over and over, trying to get it just right. This is probably my fourth rendition of this picture at the botanical gardens in Atlanta, and I still haven't gotten what I want from it. It gets a little frustrating. If you had to pay for the prints, you take it once, figure out you don't know what you are doing, and give up. This digital business means you try again, and again to try to get it just the way you want. The bottom line is you start thinking you are a "photographer" instead of a picture taker. I need to realize, I take pictures to capture a memory, not sell a picture. I need to learn to take what I get and be happy, it was the memory at the moment. And, unless you are Ansel Adams or some other famous photographer, who invests tons more time, effort, and equipment into the process-who would want it other than me anyway. So for those of us still trying to capture that one magic moment on film or digital, keep trying, the great thing is you can hit delete and try again, or until they close the gates and run you out.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: