Monday, August 28, 2006

North to Alaska

I can't help it, as soon as I got home I was working on putting my pictures together into a program on my computer called Click to DVD--it allows you to put your pictures in a slide show, but you can also add music. Now finding the right music for the pictures took me more time than putting the pictures in. As you can tell from previous posts, I have started tying everything to a song title. (I was hoping it would get more folks to my blog, but that didn't work either). Well, anyway, I divided the slides into Homer, Denali, Seward, and Anchorage--since those were the places we visited. I started looking for free mp3 songs on the internet, and found some very cool sites with Alaska stuff--unfortunately, some of the mp3's turned out to be mpu's (don't even know what that is, but my program won't convert them to mp3's). So, I found the first song (if I knew how to add audio files I would-but haven't figured that part out either). It was called "Where we live", and talked about a place with blue skies, big oak trees, lots of love, yada..... So that one had to go with Homer--see previous posts. Then for Denali--I had found this great music, but it was mpu, so I ended up using a John Tesh song--and it really worked. Then, for Seward, I used a Queen song--"This could be heaven"--and Anchorage --I found that I had "Find Your Way Back", right on my Jefferson Starship cd sitting downstairs. So, got it all put together, and must have watched it 4 times yesterday--once with each kid, and once on the tv in the living room--bigger picture, better sound. Made copies for the inlaws, etc.

Pretty crazy what can give you satisfaction.

No comments: